About The Heart's Mission:
studied Aromatherapy Massage in 2001 and has worked in this field for
over 10 years. She has attended classes in Craniosacral Therapy, Traditional
Usui Reiki and Integrative Energy Healing from 2002-2008. She
discovered The Way of the Heart™ Field Integrations in 2009 and has been
practicing this modality with great fervor ever since. In 2013, she
rounded out her training and education by taking an intensive
Professional Counselling Diploma program, earning her the title of
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2061), and has since been awarded the title of Master Therapeutic Counsellor (MTC) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists in 2018.
During her 3 year practicum with the Integrative Energy Healing Practitioner Program at Langara College, she researched the topic of spontaneous remission in the chronically and terminally ill, and continues to be fascinated by the potential of the body to self-heal.
She has read many works by trailblazers of self-healing: Richard Bartlett (founder of Matrix Energetics), and Dr. Joe Dispenza, and she also attended a seminar led by Dr. Dispenza in 2018. Leah is fascinated with the body's continued evidence of adaptability in the face of stress and unexpected life experiences, and has modeled her practice on such principles.
In her studies to become a Therapeutic Counsellor, Leah specialized in Art Therapy, and currently offers dry medium Art Therapy (dry materials, drawing, colouring and play-doh experiments) at The Heart's Mission Creative Therapy. In her quest for holism, she has recently embarked in taking classes in visual art to support her training. She hopes to expand her practice to offer wet medium Art Therapy (wet materials such as painting and sculpture) in the near future.
Areas of Practice include:
- chronic illness, chronic pain and fatigue
- emotional grief work
- sexual assault
- anger, rage work
- impact of traumatic events (recent and past)
- anxiety, panic
- communication, relationships
- financial hardships
- self-esteem, self-worth issues
- spirituality (non-denominational, non-religious)
- connecting to the inner child; the inner parent; the inner adversary
Leah lectured regularly from 2013-2016 on the subject of psychosomatic symptoms at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Vancouver. The lecture covered concepts relating to what the holistic mind/body/spirit model of healing can do to facilitate a broader experience of understanding the whole person.
Leah studies with one of her teachers, Daniel Goodenough (author of The Caravan of Remembering) in the field of Life Mission Coaching, the nature of which is: What if you came into being at this time for a very specific reason - how would you know what that reason is, and more importantly, how will you live it and be supported in doing so?
Waking up to one's own inner freedom is the most valuable concept that Leah believes is connected to her Life Mission, and she seeks to serve daily in her practice with clients.
Full List of Credentials:
- Master Therapeutic Counsellor
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor #2061
- The Way of the Heart™ Field Integration Process Practitioner
- Life Mission Coach
- Reiki Master-Teacher
- Educated in courses of Craniosacral Therapy with Howard Jones
- Certified in Aromatherapy Massage by Lynda Crowder
- Well established in herbal knowledge and Aromatherapy
Leah has studied and attended trainings with The Way of the Heart™ since 2009.
Here are a list of The Way of the Heart™ Field Integrations that she can offer from this incredible energy field-based work:
- Level II - Miracle, Four in One, Peace & Living
- Level IV - Power: Heart & Mind
- Level V - Soul Dynamic
- Level VI - Light: Spirit
- Level VII - Return of the King
- Love Generator - Standard of Excellence
- Question of the Heart
- Feng Shui I - Reading the Book of Life
- Planetary, Galactic, Universal Self Healing
- Life Mission I, II, III and IV