- chronic illness, chronic pain and fatigue
- emotional grief work
- sexual assault
- impact of traumatic events (recent and past)
- anxiety, panic
- communication, relationships
- financial hardships
- self-esteem, self-worth issues
- spirituality (non-denominational, non-religious)
- connecting to the inner child; the inner parent; the inner adversary
As the Intention in sessions is to release somatic impressions in the body, Leah works as an Integrative Counsellor, bringing her clients to greater clarity of their ideals, and facilitating the transformational process. Often in counselling practices, the verbal sharing of trauma is seen as therapeutic, as the client reaches new conclusions and finds self-regulation within a difficulty.
In this holistic practice, there is a key element of using somatics practices to release the impressions held in the body, without the requirement to verbally process. The body has an incredible resilience system and can repair without over analysis of the mind and thinking something through. The heart contains a heart-brain, composed of 40,000 neurons which can feel, remember, and learn new behaviours.
Working energetically with the body and all of the places that energy gets held, is an incedible way to feel different, to digest and move on from trauma, offering resiliency and purpose.